Department Coordinator (Housekeeping) Full Time
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper
reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the IASIS Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to dealing appropriately and fairly with employee misconduct.
- Enforces all compliance policies as they pertain to his/her area.
- Provides and assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
Initiates, composes and types sensitive and detailed correspondence such as responses to requests or information or regularly recurring reports from rough draft or machine dictation. Proofreads and edits final copy materials for accuracy, consistency and clarity.
Routine administrative duties include: taking and distributing minutes of meetings, preparing work orders, purchase orders or bills, processing timesheets and so forth.
Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, and notifies appropriate personnel or records messages. Responds to detailed inquiries concerning department/unit activities and operations requiring full understanding of Hospital policies and procedures.
Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointments, completes travel or conference arrangements and maintains personal calendars.
Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts and file s Correspondence, records other documents.
Operates standard office machines and equipment such as calculators, personal computers, photocopiers and dictation transcription equipment.
Performs related general office duties such as monitoring and ordering standard office supplies, contacting service representatives for department equipment and collating, assembling and distributing documents.
Maintains accurate and timely sheets for the department Associates. Submits time sheets to Payroll, upon obtaining the department Director’s approval and signature, within the established time frame.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Approximately one to two years progressively more responsible related work experiences necessary in order to gain full knowledge of clerical and office procedures, use and operation of standard office equipment, and ability to compose and type correspondence.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Ability to read and write in order to proof and edit non-routine correspondence, reports, tables and the like for spelling, typographical errors, and sentence structure as well as draft routine correspondence, perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when preparing purchase orders and bills, and organize and maintain record keeping and filing systems at a level normally acquired through completion of six to nine months of business school.
- Ability to develop complex statistical tables and forms, and non-routine correspondence, reports and the like from rough draft or dictation at a level normally acquired during business school training period.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to use tact and courtesy when communicating departmental policies and dealing with visitors, patients, Hospital personnel and the like.
- Basic analytical skills necessary in order to gather and interpret data in moderately complex problem situations.
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.