Central Sterile Supply Tech, FT (3:00PM-11:30PM)
JOB TITLE: STERILE PROCESSING SUPPLY TECH, (Full time-3:00pm-11:30PM)- STERILE PROCESSING DEPARTMENT
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
The incumbent will maintain the inventory and availability of supplies and equipment needed to perform surgical procedures; work with Supervisor and coordinator to maintain the integrity of addition, deletions and par levels of supplies and assist with bi-annual inventory.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Centers’ Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification,proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Check in supplies from warehouse.
5. Monitor stock levels for O.R. Supplies, and Crash Carts.
6. Retrieve and decontaminate patient care equipment, that SPD distributes
7. Participate in bi-annual inventory.
8. Stocks shelves.
9. Retrieve supplies from operating room, and credit into pyxis system for patient returns.
10. Coordinate Crash Cart exchange and weekly quality assurance on carts.
11. Participate in daily case cart process.
12. Assists in maintaining bin locations
13. Maintain log of incoming implants, record and apply sticker
14. Test Hotline Blood warmers ,and maintain records of temperature checks.
15. Check in supplies from warehouse.
16. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by HPA and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
17. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Computer skills, imputing data int various systems.
Education and Work Experience:
One to two years of supply management, preferable in hospital environment. Knowledge of care and handling of sterile supplies and instruments.
Education & Training:
High school Diploma, or equivalent
Bi or Multilingual
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED