Cath Lab RN
The Cath Lab RN assists the Cardiologist with diagnostic and interventional procedures, utilizing skills of sterile technique and monitoring of physiological parameters. Provides 24-hour coverage for emergency procedures as dictated by the on-call schedule. Demonstrates a working knowledge of all equipment used during procedures and documents all pertinent patient data accordingly. Demonstrates friendliness, helpfulness, and concern with patients and visitors. Provides service to physicians in a helpful and timely manner. Maintains a cooperative relationship with co-workers and other hospital employees according to the values of St Joseph Medical Center.
Cardiology Services provides non-invasive diagnostic testing and invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures to diagnose and treat patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease, unstable angina, valvular disease, dysrhythmia, congestive heart failure, ST/non-ST elevation MI, and peripheral vascular disease.
The Cardiology Department hours are from 7:00am-5:00pm. Invasive Cardiology is available 24/7 with on-call coverage
- 3 to 5 years Medical/Surgical Nursing to include 2 to 3 years of applicable nursing
- Current RN License issued by Texas State Board of Nurses.
- BSN or ADN Degree
- Current ACLS
- Cardiovascular nursing experience with knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology, cardiac arrhythmia interpretation and diagnostic EKG changes.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- 401K w/match after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to 20% Employee Cafeteria and Café Discount
- Discounted Tuition with affiliated University
- Inexpensive Parking
- Easy accessibility from Houston Freeways
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Ancillary Insurance
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.