Assistant Chief Financial Officer- St. Joseph Medical Center
Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO)- St. Joseph Medical Center
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Job Description: Assistant Finance Controller
The Assistant Controller will report directly to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Assistant Controller should be experienced in all aspects of financial management, including profit, partnership and corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Assistant Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Assist CFO with management of all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P
- Prepares financial statements to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status.
- Produces and manages balance sheets and analyze future earnings and expenses.
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing and budgeting within the organization.
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Ensures compliance with and prepare reports according to applicable government regulations.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Delegates accounting tasks to junior accounting staff.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for CFO and upper management
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CPA required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with financial statement preparation for all types of legal entities
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Experience with various accounting software administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
While this job description covers the main responsibilities of the job, it is not intended to cover every aspect of the job, and other responsibilities may be assigned. While performing the duties of this position, the following functions are required: Constantly: walking, sitting at a desk, grasping/gripping, bending/stooping/squatting, finger dexterity, computer input, coordination of hand, eye & foot; Frequently: standing for long periods of time, climb stairs, twisting; Occasionally: reach above shoulder height, lift 20-30 lbs., do push/pull motions, and driving.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (master’s preferred)
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred