This posting has expired and is no longer available.
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Exhibits communication skills necessary to interpret age-specific responses for neonates/infants, pediatrics, adolescent adults and geriatric patients.
5. Adheres to medical center and department policy and procedures on universal precautions and patient isolation
Introduce patient to VIP Room Service and assist patient with menu selections. Assemble, deliver and pick up trays for each meal service. Responsible for patient special requests and needs and provide in-between meal food delivery. Relay patient food issues/concerns to Culinary Services and Nursing. Interact with Nursing in regards to patient nutrition needs or requirements. React accurately and effectively to all changes to ensure efficient timing of services and accuracy of diet ordered by physician. Know and understand dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. Provide quality service which will be evident by good internal and/or external patient satisfaction survey results on assigned units.
Skills / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED. Must have the ability to read, write and speak English (or other languages as necessary), follow written and verbal instructions and complete simple computational skills.
- Experince in health care environment desirable, but not required.